Friday, September 19, 2008

A Full-Time Job...

I miss working. Two years ago, right after graduating college, I never thought I'd say that. School was what I knew, and the concept of working 40 hours/week for more than the three months of summer was a completely foreign concept. Now I find myself looking forward to my internship. It's my favorite part of the week! One great difference between a job and an internship is that instead of them expecting you to know things, they go into the whole thing planning to teach you. I hope that when I finally get a part-time job I'll enjoy that too... Classes are tough to deal with. Some of the info is interesting but a lot of the presentation is not. Same with the readings - some are interesting, many are not. I'm starting to think that I should take people's advice about grad school and just focus on the things I find interesting. It's so hard to sit and listen for so many hours! Seriously, I'm not cut out for this student stuff any more. I want to do things. Interact with people. Be outside of the classroom. Making money would be a plus too... :-) Is it bad when it's September of my first year and I'm looking ahead to the end of the program?

No comments: