Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Boston. Seattle. Life.

If I approach my time in Boston with the mindset that I want to go back to Seattle after I graduate, will that prevent me from giving Boston a chance? I don't hate Boston. In fact, some aspects I really enjoy. I love subways. I really do. As far as public transportation goes, subways are by far my favorite mode of transportation. I love New England. On some level I think it will always be home for me. Not the cities quite as much as the towns though. The small towns and lakes and beaches and mountains. But I miss Seattle. I'm homesick for it a bit I think.

I'm settling in here though. It's week two of classes and I'm hanging in there. The reading is a bit overwhelming though and I haven't even begun my field work or a job that I will hopefully get very soon. My room is getting more set up. Hopefully I can finish with it by this weekend. The rest of the house is slowly, but surely, getting more furnished as well. Our landlord is kind of amazing. We currently have $1500 rugs in our place that he is letting us use, because, as he said, it seems a waste to just keep them in storage. Yeah. What kind of landlord does that? Anyway, back to reading about human behavior and communities...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear you're settling in! Seriously, you landlord sounds crazy nice. Hugs ~Dommie