Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Street Signs: The Drinking Game

The question of the day: Is it that hard to label streets? Answer: Apparently it is in Boston. Driving from Somerville to Brighton and back again has been an adventure over the last couple of days. I bought a street map of the entire Boston area and it has been a lifesaver. I have, however, still missed many turns while attempting to follow my carefully laid out directions due to the ambiguous, confusing, or completely lacking street signs that I have encountered during my travels. Seriously, what's the problem here. This shouldn't be that difficult. It could be a great drinking game really - take a shot every time there is a poorly marked intersection. If it weren't for the fact that drinking and driving is a terrible idea, of course. I bet this idea could be adapted though. Create a map of how the streets are actually marked, make it into a board, and let the drinking board game begin!

No comments: