Sunday, June 15, 2008

Not Ready

I'm not ready to say goodbye. The first of the goodbyes is this week. Then four weeks left of work and two more weeks in the northwest before packing up the car and driving east. Leaving is going to be hard. This is the first place i've lived on my own. It took some time, but I've come to call this place home. It's almost time to leave home again. I can't help but wonder, will I continue to think of this place as home? Will I make my way back? Or will I continue to make a new home every couple of years? For how long will it be important to me that I am able to fit all of my possessions into my car? I'll just have to wait and see...

1 comment:

bennett said...

i find that the saying goodbye and packing up process just gets easier the more you do it. i've been gone, what, three weeks? nyc already feels like home faster than seattle did. i think the transitions just get easier with practice. you also learn to love people for who they are and how you spent time with them, but can put them in that place where you may not see them as often, but when you do, its good.
i am looking forward to having you here on the east coast.